- Permanent part-time position
- Based in Bowden
- Competitive wages, 5 weeks paid annual leave (pro-rata), salary sacrifice options
About the Company
Unity Housing Company Ltd is the largest and most innovative not-for-profit provider of affordable and social housing in South Australia. Our primary aim is to provide affordable, safe, sustainable, and secure housing for people in need, while supporting their independence and creating connections to their communities.
Why work with Unity Housing?
Our people are at the core of everything we do and benefits of working with Unity Housing includes five-week annual leave per annum and leave loading, salary packaging arrangement, flexible working arrangements, wellbeing programme, access to the Employee Assistance Programme and so much more!
About the Role
Unity Housing is seeking an experienced part-time (0.5 FTE) Housing Officer to join our friendly and supportive team located in Bowden. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Housing Officer is responsible for:
- Independently managing facets of tenancy/property management in line with the Residential Tenancies Act and relevant social housing program requirements.
- Tenancy management for lease renewals, tenant enquiries, tenancy debt and neighbourhood disputes and complaints.
- Property inspections including scheduling, undertaking inspections to a high quality, follow up inspections where required.
- Maintaining tenancy administration from making case notes, updating tenancy details in the Tenancy database, key registers and keys managed, attending SACAT.
The successful candidate will require a current driver’s licence and may be required to undertake some regional travel. Submitting and maintaining a current driver’s licence, satisfactory police, DHS working with children check and vulnerable employment screening clearance is a condition of employment for this position.
Please not this role is 0.5FTE (19 hours per week).
As an experienced Property Manager or Housing Officer, you possess a strong passion for delivering exceptional customer service and can demonstrate proficiency in IT, exceptional organisational abilities, and superb administrative skills. Your effective communication extends to various stakeholders, including tenants and support agencies, enabling you to provide a highly responsible and professional tenancy and social housing management service. Additionally, your collaborative approach makes you an effective team player.
How to Apply
Have the above caught your interest? Hit the ‘apply’ button now, and include CV and cover letter addressing the following selection criteria:
- Proven experience in the property management sector with current and practical understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act, SACAT and professional standards in the industry.
- High level of administration experience and advanced computer skills, including the use of data bases, web-based applications and Microsoft Suite, ideally gained in a housing or real estate environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to meet work targets and deadlines with minimal supervision and be able to work in a collaborative and proactive manner with flexibility to support team and colleagues.
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviours and empathy for people with multiple and complex barriers to sustaining a successful tenancy.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to establish professional relationships with key agency stakeholders to facilitate collaborative effort for identified client need/support.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements that relate to working in the field with complex tenants.
A copy of the position description can be located here. Email enquiries about this role can be directed to email@example.com. Please note that Unity Housing will not be accepting recruitment agency submissions for this position.
Unity Housing is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island People are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: COB Friday 16 February 2024
Apply here: SEEK