COVID-19 – a message from Unity Housing’s CEO (March 2020)
In response to the escalating impact of COVID-19, Unity Housing has enacted our Pandemic Response Action Plan and Business Continuity Plan that prioritises the safety and wellbeing of our staff, tenants, partners and local community.
Unity Housing will continue to actively monitor available information and escalate our response accordingly, based on known key factors in containing COVID-19 relating to:
– Minimising non-essential human contact
– Maintaining appropriate distances from others (social distancing)
– Maintaining good personal hygiene practices
Unity Housing is therefore continuing to put in place work practices and precautionary measures based on these factors which will assist in reducing the impact of COVID-19 and mitigating the risks to staff and tenants.
The challenges presented by COVID-19 are likely to extend over at least the next several months, and Unity Housing is seeking to implement a long-term, sustainable approach. This approach will also continue to be balanced wherever possible to ensure the ongoing provision of our services.
To date, we have taken the following measures to ensure business continuity and availability for our tenants, partners and staff:
– Suspended non-critical business travel for all employees
– Extended work-from-home policies for employees to fulfil their usual roles safely
– Increased use of technology to conduct and participate in meetings remotely for all meetings with external parties
– Closed our offices to external visitors
– Strengthened our existing Business Continuity Plan confirming support for work-from-home and remote support scenarios.
Unity Housing is monitoring the Australian Government’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak and will act according to their direction/advice.
Chief Executive Officer
Unity Housing Company