If you have a genuine maintenance issue after normal business hours, please phone 1800 551 814 and follow the prompts to report the problem. If the maintenance is urgent, DO NOT fill out the form below, please phone 1800 551 814 and we will assist you.
If your request is related to an emergency or is life threatening, please call emergency services on 000.
For all other maintenance issues please refer to the guide below.
After Hours Maintenance
Maintenance and Repairs
The following issues are considered urgent maintenance:
- Burst pipes
- Total loss of power or lighting
- Total loss of running water to the property
- Security of the property (e.g. broken window, broken external door or lockout)
- Exposed electrical cables or broken electrical accessory (e.g. power point, light switch etc.)
- Gas leak
- Smoke detector fault
- Damage caused by a disaster or incident (e.g. storm damage, flooding, fire etc.)
- Major roof leak
- Blocked toilet, with no other toilet available at the property
If your maintenance request is urgent then please contact 1800 551 814 and follow the prompts, to log your maintenance request. Do not use the form below.
For mobile users, click on the ‘Click to Call Maintenance’ button below to reach our maintenance team.
You must be home to give the contractor access to the property. If you’re not home, you may be charged a fee. Urgent maintenance may be attended to within 4 hours or the next business day.
|SA Power Networks||131366
Electrical Faults and Emergencies
|Australian Gas Networks||1800 808 526
|SA Water||1300 729 283
Water supply and sewerage issues
|State Emergency Services||132 500
Fallen trees/branches on a house or vehicle. Flooding, storm damage.
|Emergency Triple Zero||000
In life threatening or time critical emergency situations. An operator will ask whether you need police, fire and rescue or ambulance.
|South Australian Police||131 444
Non-urgent police assistance
Please log your maintenance request using the form below.
Once you log a maintenance request and it is assigned to a contractor you will receive an SMS advising a timeframe for one of our contractors to contact you..
Unity Housing are responsible for maintenance related to fair wear and tear, deterioration or damage associated with age and reasonable use of the property.
Tenants will be charged for the cost to repair any damage caused by misuse, carelessness or neglect, whether it was an accident or not. Tenants will not be charged if damage was caused by unlawful activity and Unity Housing are provided with a copy of a Police Incident Report.
If you are unsure if Unity Housing are responsible for the maintenance of an item, please refer to this guide.
All maintenance contractors attending Unity Housing properties have:
- Relevant insurances and trade licenses
- Working With Children Check
- Work Health and Safety policies and procedures
Maintenance contractors are expected to:
- Leave the work area in a safe, clean and tidy condition
- Remove any rubbish they make
- Be polite and respectful to tenants and their possessions
Maintenance contractors will leave the property or may be unable to complete the work required if:
- Their safety is threatened
- Their health is compromised by air quality, e.g. smoking
- The tenant or the tenant’s possessions/furniture are in the way
- Pets are not tied up or shut away
- Children are home without an adult
If you are unhappy with the service provided by the Unity Contractor, please contact Unity Housing Customer Care Centre.