You need to:
- Keep your home and grounds clean and tidy as part of your lease agreement
- Report damage or anything that needs repair immediately
- Let Unity Housing know if you change your contact details
Unity Housing will fix and pay for the costs of repairs and maintenance if the damage if because of fair wear and tear.
If you or your visitors have caused damage to the property, you will/may have to pay Unity Housing for the repairs.
When you are talking to Unity Housing staff over the phone, please tell them:
- Your name
- Your address and phone number
- What the problem is and where it is e.g. bathroom, kitchen etc.
- If you have told us about the problem before
- When is a good time for a contractor to come and look at the problem
- If you have pets that may need to be removed whilst repairs are done
Once we receive your request we will contact you if we need more information about the repairs.
You will need to allow access to your home by Unity Housing staff or contractors to look at and/or fix the problem you have reported.
It is important that you answer your phone and be home for the appointment you make with our contractors. If nobody is home to let the contractors in, you may be charged the cost of a callout fee.