Our boarding houses provide a safe and secure place to live for single people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Unity Housing has four boarding houses with a variety of different room types. Some rooms have their own kitchenette and/or bathroom.
Our boarding houses give people a chance to learn to live independently and prepare for moving into longer term housing.
Unity Housing has four boarding houses located in the city of Adelaide:
- The Terrace is a mixed gender site with 95 rooms (staffed 24/7)
- Citi Hall is a male-only site with six (6) rooms
- Gilles Lodge is a female-only site with 11 rooms
- Hurtle Square is a female-only site with five (5) rooms
We work closely with our support partner agencies to help build successful tenancies. Boarding house tenants can also access both in-house and community-based support including:
- financial counselling
- legal assistance
- recreation and leisure activities
- cooking and nutrition, and
- health management.
Click here to read our brochure Unity’s Boarding Houses.
Click here to read the Guidelines for Living in Unity Boarding House Accommodation.