Unity provides safe, secure and sustainable homes for South Australians with diverse needs including those on low to moderate incomes, at risk of or experiencing homelessness, and living with disability – all of whom may have difficulty obtaining or maintaining housing in the public or private market.
We have a range of housing options including general community housing; affordable housing; boarding houses; a housing program for people accessing mental health support (HASP); gender-specific housing comprising women-only and men-only units and houses; and both group homes and independent housing for people living with disability.
Unity is not a crisis housing provider. If you are in need of emergency housing, please call the Homelessness Gateway Service on 1800 003 308.
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
Unity Housing has a long and successful history of managing homes for people with high and complex support and housing needs.
Unity manages the tenancy of more than 300 disability properties in the Adelaide metropolitan area and rural regions, delivering high-quality disability accommodation services.
Unity is committed to the development of new specialist disability accommodation to provide broader housing options for people living with disability. Unity’s most recent Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) disability housing developments include:
- Six town houses and two units in Blair Athol being a mix of two social housing properties for people living with disability, two social housing properties for large families, and for general market housing
- Three units in Enfield for elderly or people living with disability
- Three units in Greenacres, two for people living with disability and one for a small family
- Two units in Clearview for large families
- Purpose-built accommodation in McCracken for four clients living with disability and accommodation for a carer, delivered in partnership with Renewal SA
Through design, specification and materials selection, we aim to exceed best practice for accessibility and environmentally sustainable development.
In order to meet our stated aim of “affordable homes in sustainable communities” Unity has a commitment to provide housing:
- in good condition
- in the right location
- of a design and standard of amenity that is fit for purpose
- that is sustainable and financially viable
Unity uses resources to the best of our ability to:
- ensure that people are at the centre of our decisions
- keep properties in good condition in cost effective ways
- improve and maintain properties in line with tenants’ expectations
- provide a balance between responsive and cyclical repairs as well as capital investment
- respond quickly to vacancy repairs
- achieve high standards of energy efficiency and flexibility in house design