The South Australian Tenants’ Information and Advisory Service (TIAS) is a free, independent service that helps people maintain their tenancies in private rental, community housing or public housing. Tenants can click here for information regarding the Coronavirus or freecall 1800 060 462 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except public holidays) for help.
Information for tenants as at 23 March 2020
This information is for all Unity Housing tenants other than those living in our Boarding Houses and The Globe Apartments for which separate letters, specific to the location, have been issued.
Our tenants’ health and wellbeing is very important to us and at the forefront of our minds at all times.
In order to make the best decisions for our tenants, staff and contractors, Unity Housing will continue to take our advice from the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government Department of Health to ensure we follow their guidelines.
I would like to reassure you that Unity Housing staff will always seek to be available by phone or email and will continue to support you in your tenancy.
We are implementing a range of measures to ensure we can continue to provide you with a quality service. Some of the changes include:
- Your Housing Officer and Maintenance staff remain contactable by phone and email using the same contact details as usual.
- Our offices are now closed for most tenancy matters.
- Meetings will continue as usual by phone or by email but not in the office in person.
Our staff will maintain contact with tenants during this difficult period. If you need additional tenancy support please contact your Housing Officer by phone or email.
Travellers from overseas and interstate destinations are required by the government to self-isolate for 14 days after returning to South Australia and should remain at home.
Any tenants who are in self-isolation or have contracted COVID-19, must advise Unity Housing immediately so we can adjust our services to you to ensure everyone remains safe.
Some things you can do to keep safer (to minimise cross infection):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your mouth and face.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with your flexed elbow or tissue – dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain the recommended 1.5 metre distance from other people whenever possible.
If you have access to the internet you can find more information about COVID-19 from:
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these extraordinary circumstances.
Keep safe and well.
Chief Executive Officer
Unity Housing Company