- Successful not-for-profit organisation
- Permanent full-time, based at Elizabeth
- Competitive wages and salary sacrifice opportunities + 5 weeks’ annual leave
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is the largest and most innovative provider of affordable and social housing in South Australia. Unity’s primary aim is to provide affordable and sustainable housing for vulnerable people and people living on low incomes, particularly those living with disabilities, who are ageing, experiencing and/or at risk of homelessness.
As a result of a recent internal promotion, Unity Housing is now seeking an experienced Housing Officer to manage the end to end tenancy management of a mixed portfolio of social housing properties. Based at our Elizabeth office, this position reports to the Operations Manager.
This position would suit an experienced Housing Officer or Property Manager who has a passion for excellent customer service who can demonstrate that they are IT Savvy, highly organised and have exceptional administrative skills. An ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders, including tenants and support agencies in the provision of a highly responsive and professional tenancy and social housing management service across a range of portfolios will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in the property management sector, with a practical understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act and professional standards in the industry, including undertaking SACAT processes and attending hearings.
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviour and empathy for people with multiple and complex barriers to sustaining a successful tenancy.
- High-level administration and computer skills with experience in the use of property management/real estate computer systems.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to meet work targets and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Certificate IV in Property Management and/or equivalent, significant industry experience.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements and privacy issues within the social and community housing industry.
The successful candidate will require a driver’s licence and will have access to company pool vehicles to undertake the requirements of the role.
Applications close 9am on February 26, 2018 and should be submitted via seek. Applications should include:
- Cover Letter (which addresses the above 6 key criteria)
A copy of the position description is located here. Please contact Operations Manager, Jo Maloney, on 0409 906 662 for further information. Email enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.