- Permanent, Part-time – 19 hrs per week ($44.91 – $46.95 per hr)
- Based in the Limestone Coast Area – with flexible working options
- 5 weeks’ paid A/Leave pro rata and above award wages & salary sacrifice
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is one of the largest and most innovative not-for-profit providers of affordable and social housing in South Australia. Unity’s primary aim is to provide affordable, safe and secure housing for people, whilst supporting independence and connection to their communities.
About the Position
Reporting to the Community Inclusion Manager, the Tenant Engagement Officer works closely with Unity’s tenants and the housing and assets teams with a hands-on approach to identify, design and deliver initiatives that create opportunities for connection and inclusiveness within the Millicent and Naracoorte communities.
You are an experienced and creative tenant engagement or community development professional with a strong community focus and a passion for people. With your excellent interpersonal skills, you are able to communicate and engage with people at all levels with an ability to develop meaningful professional relationships. You are resourceful and highly organised and planned in your approach in the co-design and delivery of tenant engagement initiatives. Knowledge of the social demographic of the broader Limestone Coast region will be an advantage. Applicants living in Millicent or Naracoorte are strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
Working for Unity you will receive competitive wages, including salary sacrifice options, five weeks’ paid annual leave (pro-rata). You will be provided with relevant training and the opportunity to work for a flexible, diverse, values-based organisation.
How to Apply
You must submit a current resume, cover letter and application form to be considered for this role and demonstrate your experience in the following areas:
- Ability to identify and maintain an understanding of tenant needs within the designated townships of Millicent and Naracoorte and community resources to support these needs.
- Demonstrated experience at the grass roots level including conducting client/tenant consultations, needs analysis, focus groups and surveys.
- Knowledge and experience in co-design, delivery and evaluation of tenant and community engagement initiatives within assigned timeframes and budget.
- Ability to communicate at all levels to create, build and maintain neighbourhood and community-based relationships.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes and deliverables.
- Knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements that relate to working alone and regional country driving
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Conditions of Employment
- The successful candidate must have a current SA driver’s licence.
- In instances when company pool vehicles are not available, full mileage reimbursement for business related travel will be paid, therefore, the successful candidate must have access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Flexibility to work out of hours occasionally (in negotiation and in advance), is essential.
- Submitting and maintaining a current Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and Vulnerable Person related employment check is a condition of employment with Unity Housing.
A copy of the position description can be located here or by contacting our Human Resources Advisor, Sharon Fear, on 08 8237 8715. Enquiries about this role or the application process can be directed to recruitment by email or to Trish Burden (Community Inclusion Manager) on 0418288741.