- Successful not-for-profit organisation
- Contract to 30/06/2020, Part Time – 19 hours per week
- Competitive wages, salary sacrifice opportunities + 5 weeks’ annual leave (pro rata)
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is the largest single provider of low-cost community housing in South Australia. Whilst the core of our work is the provision of accommodation for people living with disabilities or experiencing homelessness or on low incomes, we are developing a diverse affordable housing property portfolio.
Unity is seeking an experienced Housing Officer to undertake a range of property management tasks, supporting a team of Housing Officers who are responsible for managing allocated mixed portfolios of properties, including disability properties. Reporting to the designated Team Leader, the position is currently based at our Port Adelaide office.
This position would suit an experienced Housing Officer or Property Manager who is able to demonstrate their extensive hands-on experience in Property Management and passion in providing a highly responsive and professional tenancy and social housing management service across a varied portfolio with diligence and empathy. Your ability to further demonstrate high level interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective engagement of a diverse tenant group and stakeholders as required will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in the property management sector with current and practical understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act, SACAT and professional standards in the industry.
- High level of administration experience and advanced computer skills, including the use of data bases, web based applications and Microsoft Suite, ideally gained in a housing or real estate environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to meet work targets and deadlines with minimal supervision, and be able to work in a collaborative and proactive manner with flexibility to support team and colleagues.
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviours and empathy for people with multiple and complex barriers to sustaining a successful tenancy.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to establish professional relationships with key agency stakeholders to facilitate collaborative effort for identified client need/support.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements that relate to working in the field with complex tenants.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a current driver’s licence and will have access to company pool vehicles to undertake the requirements of the role. In addition, a satisfactory current police and DHS Working with Children Check are a requirement for employment with Unity.
Applications close at midday on Thursday, 12 December 2019 and should be submitted via Seek.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter (which addresses the above six key criteria)
Whilst initially located at Port Adelaide, this position may be relocated to a city fringe location due to office centralisation. The relocation time frame will be determined once a suitable location is identified.
Please note that Unity will not be accepting recruitment agency submissions for this position.