- Contract to June 2023, full time (38 hours per week) – based in Port Adelaide
- Competitive wages, salary sacrifice opportunities + five weeks’ annual leave pro rata
- Monday to Friday, with no on call requirement
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is one of the largest and most innovative not-for-profit providers of affordable and social housing in South Australia. Unity’s primary aim is to provide affordable, safe and secure housing for people, whilst supporting independence and connection to their communities.
About the Position
Unity is seeking an experienced Housing Officer/Property Manager to professionally assist with the management of housing portfolios across the Western Adelaide area. As a part of the Central Housing Team, this role is predominantly based at our Port Adelaide site and will be reporting to the Team Leader, Central West.
This position would suit applicants with Property Management experience who are able to demonstrate their hands-on experience in Property Management and their passion in providing a highly responsive and professional tenancy and social housing management service across a varied portfolio with diligence and empathy. Your ability to further demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, to enable effective engagement of a diverse tenant group and stakeholders as required, will be highly regarded.
What We Offer
Working for Unity you will receive competitive wages for this position, paid in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 5), salary sacrifice options, five weeks’ annual leave, access to Employee Assistance Program and other wellbeing benefits. You will be provided with relevant training and support as well as the opportunity to work for a flexible, diverse, values-based organisation, who truly cares about positive tenant outcomes.
How to Apply
To be considered for interview you will demonstrate through your application, experience in the following areas:
- Proven experience in the property management sector with current and practical understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act, SACAT and professional standards in the industry.
- High level of administration experience and advanced computer skills, including the use of data bases, web based applications and Microsoft Suite, ideally gained in a housing or real estate environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently to meet work targets and deadlines with minimal supervision, and be able to work in a collaborative and proactive manner with flexibility to support team and colleagues.
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviours and empathy for people with multiple and complex barriers to sustaining a successful tenancy.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to establish professional relationships with key agency stakeholders to facilitate collaborative effort for identified client need/support.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements that relate to working in the field with complex tenants.
The successful candidate will require a full driver’s licence and will have access to company pool vehicles to undertake the requirements of the role.
Applications close on Thursday 15 September 2022 at 12pm and should be submitted via Seek.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience, and a current resume.
Conditions of Employment
- The successful candidate must hold a current SA driver’s licence.
- Submitting and maintaining a current Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and Vulnerable Person Related Employment check.
A copy of the position description can be located here. For more information please contact Team Leader, Greg Lee, on 08 8361 1310. Email enquiries about this role can be directed to email@example.com.
Please note that Unity will not be accepting recruitment agency submissions for this position.