Community housing

Community housing provides longer term rental homes to people who generally require support and are living on very low incomes. Unity only accepts referrals to its community housing properties from organisations with which we have a formal arrangement. This enables us to ensure we are able to give people the best chance of having a successful tenancy.

If you are in need of emergency housing please call the Homelessness Gateway Service on 1800 003 308. We also have brochures with more detailed information in them called About Unity and Our Services and Unity's Boarding Houses. The boarding house brochure has the contact details of some agencies that may be able to assist you. You can download it below.

The agencies from which Unity accepts referrals include:

  • Australian Refugee Association
  • Barkuma
  • Catherine House
  • Common Ground
  • Community Living Options
  • Deaf Can Do
  • Hutt Street Centre
  • HomePlace
  • Life Without Barriers
  • Lutheran Community Care
  • Mental Illness Fellowship SA
  • Minda
  • Neami National
  • Northern Domestic Violence Service
  • OARS Community Transitions
  • City of Salisbury
  • University of South Australia